Friday, September 17, 2010

Can any one comfort me work this mess out?

I enjoy a 60 GB seagate harddrive in my computer which is divided into two partition of 30 GB each. I notice that when I get into My computer and click on the D: drive a porthole pops up asking me to 'Open with'. So I re-installed windows thinking it be maybe due to some corrupt registry entity. But the problem still persists! I run a registry scan and fixed all the errors found. I can still access the files within the Drive. When I right click the D part of the harddrive I get hold of these:

Auto

Search...

Open

Explore

Somebody help! Thankyou

Can any one comfort me work this mess out?

All you hold to do is right click my computer...click manage...after disk management...consequently right click on the partition you want to delete and repartition and click delete divider.

Or buy Partition magic. or a similar program
If you don't enjoy files stored on the drive, try formatting it (right mouse click, format drive)

If you do have files stored within, your MBR (Master Boot record) may need fixed. There are several utilities available for this as resourcefully as booting into DOS mode (command prompt) by accessing the start-up menu when you first turn on the PC (before Windows). Make sure you get to the D: Prompt before trying to FIXMBR.

It could be that Windows does not see the format of the drive. Windows does not automatically recognize non-Windows report formats, nor does it automatically format all partition on a hard drive.
It may cause by damaged screen, back up your facts then walk to computer management afterwards delete and reformat your drive.

If possible reformat your entire drive and reinstall OS.


No comments:

Post a Comment