Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Compaq Deskpro EN video card slot?

I hold a Compaq Deskpro EN, and I would like to acquire a video card. I have someone liable to sell me one, but he desires to know what kind of slot I hold. Does anyone know what kind of slot this is, or where on earth I can find out without taking my computer apart?

Compaq Deskpro EN video card slot?

Go to the hp wesbsite and look up the model of your workstation ,it will give the specs of it
I did a hasty search and it seem that a Deskpro EN is an older model Compaq. It individual handles AGP cards, frankly I wouldn't walk crazy upgrading it, unless you can get the video card for really cheap.
If you look at your Compaq EN, you will discern that the video card is separate from where you would insert any other make a payment on cards. Also the hole through which you can see the card is about partially the height of adjectives the other slots in your PC. (There are two such partly height holes together.) If you be to open your PC, you would see that your video card in reality covers BOTH of those half plane opens.



While the slot is a standard PCI slot, the opening to which it attaches are not. Because of this, 99% of video cards on the market will not fit within the Compaq EN case. Compaq in actuality made their own video cards for the EN series, and like a short time ago about everything within the EN computers, they are non-standard.



So you can not replace that video card with anything else.



(Work surrounded by a site where I hold supported about 800 ENs for several years).


No comments:

Post a Comment